Build a Legacy to be proud of
Why get involved?
We have set up the charity to give back to our community. After many years of seeing the impact that development work can do we feel extremely fortunate to be in a position where we can help make a difference in the lives of our community & neighbours.
By joining us on this journey you will be invested in:
- Helping people
- Understand the joy and satisfaction of giving
- Being a resource for your community
Benefits of being on a committee
As a 501(c)(3) registered charity we have already established the platform to give back. We know that people would like to help and want to do so as well but do not have the experience or time to set up a registered organisation.
So how does this help you? Well we are committed to:
- Removing the administrative burden, by taking care of the initial IRS status and tax reporting every year
- Bookkeeping and accounting, insuring compliance to non-profit guidelines
- Operational guidance on how to set-up and operate the committee
- Fundraising guidance and possible cash contributions on select applicants, dependent on receiving grants, both institutional and government
- Partnership, ensuring that we develop in the right way together
- Charitable tax break on any donation
How do committees Operate
Boosting Hope will operate through local committees, comprising of the people who know & care the most about the area. Each one will comprise of individuals or organisations who will have autonomy to select the local partners receiving the grants.
We anticipate approximately 5 members on each committee, with either a chairperson or 2 co-chairs, who will have the deciding vote on distributing funds.
From experience we know that working on a local level creates the most impact.
Chair person identified & commits to starting a committee
Chair assembles committee members over time
Kicks off committee; event to launch
Prepares a work plan for the year, outlining your goals
Conducts Fundraising activities that will sustain the committee
Makes the first grant. The impact & insights will inform future work
Follow up & reporting, review work from year, submit documentation
Prepare a work plan for the upcoming year
Other ways to Get involved
Curious about the many other ways you can get involved and make a positive impact? Then click on the button below to learn more.